Thursday, February 19, 2009

Session 17



NOTES:
--16% success rate, so if this is hard to watch, that's why. This is his lowest success rate ever.
--The only cut-out part in the video is when we took a potty break. He'd been pottied before the session but his stomach wasn't 100% that day and I had a feeling some of the stress behaviors might've been due to that.
--There was a lot going on in the background that didn't help the session. There was a dog barking far off in the distance that he'd never heard before. He can handle a dog barking in his face or barking in the same training center as him, but not a dog barking 300' away. Go figure. We also had a near-accident on the street behind us with a huge truck. (Brakes screeching, truck honking, etc.) A little too distracting for a learning session, I think.

2 comments:

Greg S said...

Sorry your session didnt go so well. Maybe more rewarding after the 1st set of poles to keep its value high.

I know what you mean about distractions though - last time I was out training Rip on his 2x2's, someone was out shooting shotguns - Very distracting!

Cat, Tessie, & Strata said...

I've actually hit somewhat of a roadblock with him. In the first couple of sessions, he consistently missed the second set of poles; after that, he consistently missed the first set.

Yesterday, I attempted eliminating the second set and -just- doing the first set. Up to 90%+ success rate immediately. Put back the second set and he goes back to ignoring the first set. Very strange. I've started timing my clicks to when he completes the first set, to help deliver the message that -that- is what I want, but it doesn't seem to be making a difference (yet).

I'm in the process of getting up as many of his videos as possible because I e-mailed Susan about it last night and I'm hoping she might have some insight. Either way, I've got another day of snow here to give me time to mull it over.

Thanks for the comment!