Thursday, December 11, 2008

Session 5

(This was December 11th, 2008.)



Notes:
--Yes, the fuzzy pink socks I am wearing in this video are just as comfy as you think they are. :)
--I am still experimenting with the audio levels. I am trying to make it possible for you to hear my clicks over the music; I sort of failed at that with this video, but I think its pretty clear what I reward and don't reward. There is a lot of miscellaneous background noise when I film (including my mother leaving my full home phone number on someone's answering machine) so I want to cover that up, but I still want this to be a training video first and foremost!

--REALLY like how he's starting to drive to the poles with a lot of power and speed!
--At 0:51 you can see he's totally "pushing my buttons". He wanted to see if he didn't have to go all the way. Clever sheltie!
--1:55 I start experimenting with moving a little bit while he works.
--At 2:03 I try it again and he stalls out. Then I realize I have not been working him on my right side enough! BAD trainer!
--2:47 he has somewhat of a baby meltdown. "Don't TOUCH ME, I'm a big boy and I want to do it all by myself!" Look at him creep around 2:59, he's so pissed that GOD FORBID I touch him. (btw, that's what he looks like for the first 20 minutes he's on a grooming table. Mr. Melodramatic.)
--At 3:27 he gets over his "OMG don't touch me ever!" attitude and realizes that I'm not beating him, just redirecting him.
--Totally faked me out at 3:58. Silly boy!
--At 4:09 you realize why I was always picked last in gym class.

No comments: